Stylish cat collars:
When it comes to our feline friends, their health and safety comes first for most cat owners. Cats have a tendency to run outside the house and soon as a door because of their inherently curious nature. In such cases, you wouldn’t want them to be wandering in the wild without any way to get back home. The very thought that they can get lost or worse, get injured, is a nightmare for any pet owner.
Last summer, my friend’s cat strayed away from her backyard and ended up getting caught in the hedge. The good thing was that she had her collar on which had a bell fitted into it. So, while she struggled to find her way out, the noise created by the sound caught the attention of my friends neighbor’s, and they called my friend. The cat was found amidst the shrubs, distracted and disoriented, but otherwise she was fine.
Such incidents not only leave an impression on the owner’s mind but also on the cats that seem to put themselves in a precarious situation. Fortunately, Stylish cat collars come in different shapes and size varying in length and width from kittens to cats. Considering it as an accessory, they even come studded with rhinestones, buckled or flapped versions, fabric or leather-encased ones, etc.
If you don’t want your cat to expend their nine lives, do consider investing in a good collar in a jiffy.
In the following section, I will be reviewing the five best and most useful and accessible Stylish cat collars. They will serve not only your needs but also that of the cat.Stylish cat collars
1. TCBOYING BREAKAWAY CAT COLLAR
Breakaway Stylish cat collars are quite the rage today. This particular variant is quite popular concerning appearance and safety. It gets sold in a pack of six pieces, in a variety of colors. Further, they come with a reflective coating so that the cat can be traced and located if found wandering in the streets or on the roads during rush hour traffic. Such collars are plenty useful when it comes to a flashlight or the headlights being focussed on them. Many cats are killed in freak accidents because of the inability of the driver behind the wheel being able to see them. So, these reflective collars certainly increase their visibility to a large extent.
These collars come with a safety buckle that can quickly come off if the cat gets stuck in some bushes (much like my friends cat) hence, not proving life-threatening to the animal in any way. The length of the collar can easily be adjusted as it’s a flexible band. It can occupy a width of 7-12 inches with the buckle fixed in place.
The collars will not stick into the skin of the cat’s neck as it’s made from skin-friendly fabric. The colors are vibrant (blues and yellows to reds and greens) and can easily be seen to the naked eye. The brightness enables the owner or the search party to quickly locate the cat even if they happen to stray far away from the house. Since there are many colors to choose from, the owner can change as many times, depending upon the comfort of the pet. It’s always recommended to use and replace the collars since the cats grow fast and they should not hamper their growth in any way.
These variants even come with a highly reliable reflective strip fixed into the collar, which makes it even simpler to locate the cat and know about their whereabouts. It can also come in handy when the cats are out hunting, and they stray away from familiar grounds to dangerous places like the highways or roads.
2. UPGRADED BREAKAWAY STYLISH CAT COLLARS
The upgraded version comes with the bell fixed to an additional loop mechanism on the nylon belt with the rest of the features being the same. The upgrade has saved a lot of lives and made the others easier with its streamlined design.
They also come in diverse colors and patterns to add some fashion chic to your favorite fluffball. The reflective strip is a feature that they have very well retained for ease and accessibility. Who doesn’t like the added feature of easy to spot collars which make the job easier for cat owners when they are out searching for them? Further, they also aid in protecting the cats from gruesome accidents due to rush hour traffic. The unsuspecting animals can walk off onto the roads and get confused by the headlight and noise, but the reflective strips can help prevent an unfortunate end for your furrever friend.
These variants even come with a bell fixed into the collar, which makes it even simpler to locate the cat and know about their whereabouts. The sound can also come in handy when the cats are hunting birds or other small animals that you don’t want becoming their prey.
The only limitation of the bells can be the unnecessary noise that they make, which can, at times, may irk your pet resulting in moody behaviour. Further, the bell even rings every time it meets the surface of the food bowl or the door flap leaving the cat unaware of all the humdrum.
This is why it is essential to allow the cat to get acquainted to the collar first and then let it flaunt it in style. It reduces the chances of the cat harming the collar in any way, thus ensuring its presence in the long run.
3. GO TAGS PET ID DOG TAGS
The GO tags are a much-loved and versatile brand when it comes to being used as stylish cat collars. Their stainless steel design and customizable feature help it to stand apart from the conventional nylon ones. The tags can have text entered on both the front and back of the label.
Another advantage is that there is enough space present on the tags to include all essential details. The contact information of the owner, along with the name of the pet, can be put on the front of the tag. Further, any medical conditions which need to be known can also be included on the backside.
The safety and comfort of the cat are ensured during the making of such collars. Due to the material used in these tags, they are highly durable and robust, with no concern of getting stripped off due to slight movement. These tags are great for both indoor and outdoor cats to ensure their way back home to safety.
Considering their personalized features, you can enjoy the benefits of durability and longevity. It’s your choice whether you want to put in some information or not.
These tags are highly beneficial, especially while outdoors on an expedition trip. Cats can wander off in the woods or into the hills, but with these steel tags around their necks, once spotted, they can always be returned.
These stainless steel tags are way better than the traditionally used aluminium variety since they are intrinsically resistant to wear and tear that an outdoor cat will inevitably put on the tags. They can accommodate a lot of information on the tags due to the ample amount of space provided on both the front and back. It is approximately eight lines, which is equivalent to 22 characters. The engravings on the tags can be personalized with a focus on the quality of the life and safety of the pet.
4. PACCOMFET FUN PET STYLISH CAT COLLARS
The fun pet collars are bright and comfortable because of the variety of colors available, which are present in either set of 3(blue, red, orange) or sets of 6. The material of fabric used is strong and durable nylon with a reflective strip on its surface. This feature helps in spotting the cat under low light, especially at night.
The breakaway feature of the collar is found in its buckle, which can snap under heavy load or pressure applied. The dimensions of the collar are as follows with a width of 0.4 inches and can be stretched to the length varying between 8-11 inches, respectively.
The collar can take up the shape of the neck and is widely used among cats of all sizes from small to large. Further, the reflective strip works as a warning signal for the vehicular traffic and search parties if the cat wanders off unseen. The feature increases the visibility of the cat and can ward off anything wrong, if about to happen to the innocent animal in its stroll away from home.
The cat collar is much appreciated and highly recommended due to its prominent features. Further, the newer variants have the bell attached in place so that you can not only see your cat from a distance but also hear him/her before spotting her. It is beneficial for cats with dark coats that can blend in with their surroundings and get hurt if not detected or tracked earlier.
The breakaway feature comes with its qualms of the increased chances of losing it to sticky situations. You can’t predict the next move of the cat, and the outcome can be the loss of a perfectly good collar, but it is still worth the loss. At a minimum, the collar will not end up turning into a choking hazard for the cat at the slightest of movement.
Further, owners have often complained about the reflective surface coming off quickly. Hence, during the purchase of the collar, it is always essential to ensure that the components are not flimsy and will stay for long.
5. USP PET SOFT AND COMFY BOWTIE DOG& CAT COLLAR
These collars are not only worth your hard earned dollars but also look absolutely stylish for your cat. They are made of breathable and comfortable cotton fabric, which can serve as beautiful gifts for your pet. The bowtie option adds the necessary charm to the overall design. There are many colors available to choose from, like blue, red, black, and pink.
The material is safe because of the elastic feature with a buckle in place. For owners who fancy a little bling on their pet, this is the collar to choose. With the wide variety of colors available and the bowtie present, your cat will certainly stand apart and will be easy to spot in the crowd. At times, the bell is also attached to the safety belt to prove as an additional feature to watch out for.
These collars are not only style statements but serve the functional needs of the cat as well. If lost, the pet can be returned to its rightful owner because of the unique nature of the collar.
With these stylish cat collars in your collection, the cats will always look good with a touch of style. Further, they are incredibly affordable, even though they look all fancy.
The stretching feature of the elastic collar helps in avoiding strangulation if the cat gets caught in an obstacle or can’t make their way through a corner with limited space. Cats look good and also behave well when they have these collars around their neck.
Though the absence of a breakaway feature can be a significant setback, it is still a collar to look out for because of the comfortable and durable features included in its design.
ULTIMATE BUYER’S GUIDE TO CAT COLLARS
Cats are extraordinarily cunning and playful, so putting a collar around their necks can prove to be a task since it involves holding them steady. Even though you may face the initial hiccup and some claws to the face, do not give up and ensure that you fix the collar. These collars can prove to be a miracle worker in locating your pet and save them from unnecessary trouble. Curiosity comes naturally to cats, and you wouldn’t want it causing any harm to them in turn. So, make the collar their priority and take it up as your responsibility.
The innocent animals do not know the ways of the world and are, in a way, dependent on you to care and protect them. When you welcome a pet in your home, ensure that you do so wholeheartedly, so they don’t suffer at the hands of fate or humans.
The reflective collars are an easy buy and a highly recommended piece to invest in since they provide not only the necessary comfort but also safety and reliability to the cat.
There are a couple of features to be considered which can help you a great deal in narrowing down your options:
- Breakaway function: The breakaway option is a significant feature to be considered while buying collars since the mechanism helps in sticky situations. Depending upon the type of the safety buckle present, the collar can be purchased. The elastic belts help as well as the ones which come off under a certain amount of pressure or load. In both cases, the breakaway feature is essential for every cat collar.
- Collar dimensions: Unlike dogs, cats have a slender neck and are smaller in size too. Hence, it’s always better to select the more minor belt variants which come in soft fabric types so that the material does not cause any discomfort to the pet. Adjustable collars are preferable so that the size can be changed according to the needs of the cat. Further, lightweight collars are recommended since the heavier ones will weigh down on the neck.
- Type of collars: The next factor to be looked at is which type of collar is the most suitable and caters best to your needs as well as the cat. Whether it’s the breakaway collars with bells attached to them or customized ID tags, each has a particular use, which depends upon the owner. It’s a known fact that cats can move around silently and stealthily as predators without anyone knowing about their presence, sometimes not even their owners. Hence, in such cases, bells prove to be useful as they work as warning signals for birds and other small animals before being attacked. Further, the ID tags can have information included on the front and the back, such as owner details, medical history, etc. The reflective bits on the collars are the most useful when it comes to vehicles that can easily spot the cat in proximity or even at a distance.
- Safety levels: The owners need to understand that their pet is not just another Christmas decoration that they can play around. Firstly, they are animals and are not used to being loaded with any accessories that can slow down their movement. Hence, while purchasing a collar, always ensure that it’s made of pet-friendly materials and not something that can prove to be a health hazard for your pet. Further, the collars should be made of materials that are long-lasting and eco-friendly so that replacements are kept to a bare minimum. For this purpose, the collars should be chosen with their adjustability and durability at the forefront. It is necessary to avoid collars with too much bling since even though they may look right, they can attract the attention of bigger predators and can prove to be harmful. Further, your cat can get stolen because of the rhinestones in her collar, so you don’t need to pull off a fashion statement. When it comes to your pet, it’s highly beneficial to stick to the reflective collars with the breakaway mechanism.
- Affordability and reliability- While pet owners are extremely focussed on the safety and comfort of their pet, they also require something which is affordable and meets their daily needs without creating a hole in their savings. Not everyone can afford the high-end collars that serve a variety of benefits but can result in a drain in their savings. Further, not only do they need to look at the affordability but also the reliability of the product. The pet owners would not want the reflective strip coming off at the slight movement or the bell falling off during a run. If the product is not able to come off amid an obstacle that can cause harm to the cat, then the breakaway feature is of no use. All these factors should be looked at with care and caution so that no stone is unturned to make the life your pet comfortable and yours easier too. It is good to be frugal but not at the cost of your pet, which relies on you.
Thus, depending on your needs and keeping in mind the safety of the cat, there are many options available to choose from. I know it’s easier said than done, but there’s always a moment when you know what your pet needs and what’s best for them. So, ensure that the safety and comfort of the cat are not compromised while choosing a product of value.
The stylish cat collars used by the owners not only serve the purpose of identification but also work as functional bands necessary for their safety and comfort. They are not just another accessory but play a huge role in saving cats from disasters, if any. Unavoidable circumstances cannot be predicted, but the cats can indeed be safeguarded from them.
Luckily, the best cat collars are easily affordable with little worries to your budget. Keep in mind that if you have a kitten, you will probably need to replace its collar as it continues to grow. In this case the most affordable purchases come in a pack with reflective coatings.
However, if longevity and safety are being considered, the personalized Go Tags are preferable. Whatever choice you decide to go with, what needs to be understood is that your pet is the one wearing this collar. So, make sure that they have been accustomed to it before putting it on display.
You would not want them causing frayed edges or ruining it before it has met its functional needs and requirements. So, always keep a watch out for your kitten or cat playing around with the collar.
Further, always make sure that the size and fitting of the collar are appropriate and comfortable for the cat. This guide has been prepared with the insight of various factors to be considered before making a purchase. You can always leave your views and feedback, if any, in the comments section below to let others know which cat collars worked well for your cat.